Process of Being Arrested
By 13teo, Updated
This storyboard does not have a description.
1. ARRESTED Only be arrested if Police: - Have a Warrant - Reasonable to cause to suspect you of having broken the Law
2. PERSONAL SEARCH - They can search you or your premises at any time - A search can be conducted by a police officer of the same sex
3. PHONE CALL - At the station, the Police should allow you to make a phone call to a friend or legal representative - If you cannot afford a legal representative (solicitor), you may be entitled to Legal Aid.
4. THE FORMAL INTERVIEW - If you are under 18 years of age, an adult,(parent, guardian or social worker) must be present before the interview can begin. - You do not have to answer any questions if you do not want to
5. FINGERPRINTED - If you are between 10 - 17 years inclusive, your fingerprints may only be taken, if a court order is obtained A serious Offence and a Parent or Guardian is present
6. CHARGED - You may be officially charged with the offence. - If charged, you will either be released on bail or held in prison on remand
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics