world history

world history

More Options: Make a Folding Card

Storyboard Description

This storyboard does not have a description.

Storyboard Text

  • In the late 1780's, France went through the French Revolutions, dealing with many political and social conditions. With the king, Louis XIV, at the top of the power, the revolution was lead by 3 Estates: Clergy, Nobility, and everyone else. The "everyone else" category was most of the population, but they did not have much of the decision making for the country and therefore conflict erupted.
  • The meeting of the Estate general was where all the population of the country would come together to vote on ideas such as the countries next leader. Nobles were an estate that was 2% population, 85% land, 0% taxes. However, 97% of the population, who had little power, only received 1/3 of the vote. This lead to much conflict in the third estate causing a financial crisis. This socially political old order representation was unfavored by everyone.
  • You may have 97% of the population in you estate group, but you still only get 1/3 the vote and the rest of the 3% of the population gets 2/3 the vote!
  • On July 14, 1789, the storming of Bastille took place. The Bastille was first used as a state prison. People tried to execute many high class leaders in the monarch such as the king, by using weapons which needed gunpowder, found in Bastille. It was a symbol of absolute despotism, and was a revolution to ruin the high class powered monarch.
Explore Our Articles and Examples

Try Our Other Websites!

Photos for Class – Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!)
Quick Rubric – Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
abcBABYart – Create Custom Nursery Art