This storyboard does not have a description.
The answer is a man!
1. Oedipus saved Thebes from the Sphinx who guarded the gates until someone could solve her riddle. Oedipus solved the riddle.
2. Oedipus enters Thebes and is confronted by an old man. Not knowing this was King Laius (his father), Oedipus kills him.
3. Oedipus becomes King of Thebes because he solved the Sphinx's riddle and King Laius has died. (Neither the people of Thebes nor Oedipus knows Oedipus is the one who killed the king.)
4. Jocasta tells Oedipus that her son died because of the prophecy. She thinks King Laius gouged out his feet and threw him into the river, but he was actually left in the mountains to die when he was found by a Shepard who took him to the King and Queen of Corinth.
5. Jocasta and Oedipus get married and have children together (Poor Oedipus and Jocasta had no idea.)
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art