Science Notes

  Copy


More Options: Make a Folding Card




Storyboard Description

This storyboard does not have a description.

Storyboard Text

  • You can us the Principles Probability is the predict the results of a particular event.Probability is a number that describes how likely it is that an event will occur 
  • 
  • B                    b
  • What does probability have to do with genetics? In a Genetic cross, the allele that each parent will pass off on to it's offspring is based on Probability.   Ex. Their are 4 possible combinations of alleles. The probability that an offspring will be RR is 1 in 4 ,or 25%. The probability that an offspring will be rr is also 1 in 4 ( 25%) but the probability that an offspring will be Rr is 2 in 4, or 50%. 
  • The spinner has a 50% probability that the spinner will land on the thumbs up
  • How can you predict all the Combinations of alleles? 
  • The way that you can predict all the combinations of alleles is by using a Punnett Square.
  • Step 2: Write the Male's parent alleles along the top and the female parent's alleles along the left side
  • Step 1:Make a square with 4 sections 
  • Copy all the Female parent's alleles into the box at their right and copy the male's alleles into the boxes beneath them .
  • The completed square shows all the possible allele's combinations 
  • B b
  • 
  • BB
  • Bb
  • 
  • 
  • A Punnett Square is a Chart that Shows all the possible combinations of aelles that can result from a genetic cross 
  • 
  • Bb
  • 
  • bb
  • Phenotype and genotype are 2 useful terms geneticists use.An organism's phenotype is its physical appearance, or visible traits.An organism's genotype is its genetic makeup, or allele combinations 
  • 
  • In some cases alleles an inheritance pattern called  codominance exists. In codominance the alleles are neither dominant or recessive,so both alleles are expressed in the offspring. 
  • 
More Storyboards By anika23
Explore Our Articles and Examples

Try Our Other Websites!

Photos for Class – Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!)
Quick Rubric – Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
abcBABYart – Create Custom Nursery Art