This storyboard does not have a description.
1. The Ordinary World: The main character, Spencer is a homeless, 30 year old that lives in Auckland, New Zealand. He sleeps on a beach called Mission Bay. He doesn’t have any friends he can talk to or live with. He is a lonely person who struggles to get his life in control and underway.
2. Call to Adventure: One day, he wakes up and gets told off by the police, because in New Zealand, it is illegal to sleep on the beach. He tries to explain that he doesn’t have a home and the policeman offers him a job at a pizza delivery place. This was the chance for Spencer to get his life on a roll and get it in control. He does a great job and gets the pizza to places fast. His boss is impressed and gives Spencer positive feedback.
3. Refusal of the Call: After 2 weeks working for Pizza Hut, Spencer is not satisfied with delivering pizza and wants to go back to living as a homeless person. He quits his job and continues to live as a homeless person.
4. Meeting with the Mentor: One day, a customer of Pizza Hut called Michael, asks where Spencer is and why he doesn’t deliver the pizza anymore. The boss explains to him that Spencer has left and is not working for Pizza Hut anymore. Michael decides to look for Spencer and talk to him. When he finds him, he offers him to stay in his flat in central Auckland. Spencer accepts the offer and stays with Michael.
5. Crossing the Threshold: After Michael, cared about Spencer’s hunger, thirst and hygiene, he takes him to the gym to get him in shape. Michael is impressed by how fit Spencer is, although he’s been living on the streets for a couple of years. Michael takes him to the New Zealand Army, hoping that they would take him and make something useful out of his talents. The General from the New Zealand army is also very impressed by Spencer’s strength and speed and welcomes him to life as a New Zealand Navy Seal.
6. Tests, Allies, Enemies: As a Navy Seal, Spencer now has to go through a lot of physical and mental testing. Throughout the testing, Spencer meets Adam, Sam and Liam, which are also Navy Seals. When Spencer is just about to quit his job as a Navy Seal once again, the General tells him that Austrailia want him as a Navy Seal for their country. Spencer now realises how valuable his talents are, but decides to stay in New Zealand. The Australian General is not happy at all with the news and sends a few of his own Navy Seals to kidnap Spencer.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos! (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great Looking Rubrics!