dwarfism

  Copy


More Options: Make a Folding Card




Storyboard Description

people try to find the chances of having a dwarf child

Storyboard Text

  • A couple goes to a genetic counselor to see the chances of them having a dwarf child.
  • The doctor shows the couple a pedigree chart and tells the couple that because dwarfism is transferred autosomal dominantly the dwarfism trait will be transferred through the dominant allele. So if you have a dominant trait for dwarfism you will be a dwarf.
  • Then the genetics counselor tells the couple that because the father is homozygous recessive for the dwarf trait and the mother is heterozygous dominant for the dwarf trait there is a 75% chance that their children will be dwarfs and a 25% chance the children will be normal.
Just Created with Storyboard That
Explore Our Articles and Examples

Try Our Other Websites!

Photos for Class – Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos! (It Even Cites for You!)
Quick Rubric – Easily Make and Share Great Looking Rubrics!