Standards: Ancient Hebrews
Discuss standards 1-2 and 4-5 in either a document, slideshow, ThingLink, or Sutori (formerly HSTRY; class code 32401) timeline. You may work with a partner on these four standards. Be sure you address these questions:
1. What is monotheism?
2. How did the Hebrews become the first culture with a monotheistic religion?
3. What are the central beliefs of Judaism?
4. How are the Hebrew traditions reflected in the moral and ethical traditions of Western civilization?
5. Where are the locations of the settlements and movements of the Hebrews from their beginnings in Mesopotamia to the dispersion from Israel in A.D. 70?
6. What is the significance of the Exodus to the Jewish people?
7. How did Judaism and monotheism survive despite the continuing dispersion of much of the Jewish population from Israel and despite the influence of occupying nations such as the Greeks and Romans?
Each student needs to turn in a Storyboard. Create a Storyboard for standard 3 (one panel for each person mentioned). Explain who each person is and why he/she is important in the development of the Jewish religion:
6. Yohanan ben Zaccai
As always, don't copy/paste. Your work must be from your brain. Also, cite your internet sources.
Abraham was a father or leader of many God sent him to care for his children.
Children were slaves before the birth of moses.
Naomi's mom was Ruth. Naomi trusted the Hebrews just like her step mom ruth
Yohanan ben Zaccai
Naomi's sons died 10 years after marriage of unknown causes.Ruth was not Hebrew but she gained their trust and religion.
Was the youngest son out of Jesse's kids
Ruled second temple in jewish era
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art