Plate Tectonics are interesting!
1. Ok students, does anyone know how earthquakes and plate movement are related? Also does anyone know what earthquakes do to the earth's surface?
2. Plate movements that cause earthquakes are subducting plates. Subducting plates cause 80% of Earth's earthquakes.
3. Earthquakes can cause cracks in the Earth's surface that later cause volcanoes. Also theses cracks can cause magma pipelines.
3. The divergent boundaries form whe two plates move apart and cause volcanoes, rifts, and new crust.
1. Good! Now does anyone know the kinds of plate boundaries there are and what happens at these boundaries?
2. There are three kinds of plate boundaries, divergent, convergent, and transform.
1. Juanitaa, what happens and forms at a convergent boundary?
3. Transform boundaries form when two plates slide past each other. This creates linear fault boundaries and undersea canyons.
2. A convergent boundary forms when two plates come together. The impact of the plates form mountains ranges, and chains of volcanoes.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics