Understanding by Design
By hunterp1, Updated
This storyboard does not have a description.
Understanding by Design Framework
7 Key Tenets
Key Tenets continued....
• A planning process and structure to guide curriculum, assessment, and instruction. •focus on teaching and assessing for understanding and learning transfer
Six Facets of Understanding
• enhanced learning when curriculum planning is done purposely • development and deepening of student understanding and transfer of learning •transfer learning through authentic performances
The 3 Stages of Backward Design
•Effective curriculum planned backwards through long-term results •Ensure learning happens and check for successful meaning •Regularly check units and curriculum against standards •Continual improvement approach to student achievement
•the capacity to explain •interpret •apply •shift perspective emphasize •self assess
•Desired results •Evidence •Learning Plan
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art