This storyboard does not have a description.
Coming Into Power
• Born on 18 December 1879 in Gori • Joseph grew up in poverty • His father was an alcoholic and would beat him • His mother wanted him to be a priest
• After Lenin's death in 1924, Stalin begins ruthlessly promoting himself as his political heir • Stalin’s ideas were popular with the party • by the late 1920s he becomes dictator of the Soviet Union.
• In the late 1920s Stalin tries to make the Soviet Union into and industrialised country • Purge of the army begins, top generals are tried and executed • Outbreak of World War II
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos! (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great Looking Rubrics!