This storyboard does not have a description.
1. "The Rockpile" James Baldwin (1924-1987) Karson Kilcrease 6th 5-10-18
2. Main Character- Elizabeth, mother of John and Roy Gabriel- the dad of Roy Roy- son John- older son of elizabeth Delilah-dauighter of Gabriel and Elizabeth Paul- Gabriel and Elizabeth son Roy is the favorite child and he gets injured at the rockpile and john gets blamed for it because he's the one who took him.
The exposition leading up to the concluding showdown between John and step father established each main characters personality. as well as the relationships to the other characters. one event was with ELizabeth told both of them not to go to the rockpile, but only looked at Roy. ANother is when Roy says he is leaving, John just looked at him and keeps drawing his train.
The main problem is when Roy gets hit with a tin can. They start to worry about what Gabriel will say. He then babiesRoy but wants to get mad at John for "leading him astray".
Roy is babies by Gabriel but John wasn't so lucky. Gabriel is mad at John for not protecting his brother, Right when Gabriel says he is about to bea John, ELizabeth sticks up for him.
A theme of this short story could be alienation. The father favorites Roy over John. But Elizabeth doesn't let that go. This family is very strict.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art