This storyboard does not have a description.
Rose Scott was born at Glendon, near Singleton, NSW, on 8 October 1847
Rose Scott was one of the key figures movement committed to the universal suffrage and a general improvement in the condition of women.
Women's Literary Society
In1889 Rose Scott helped form the Women's Literary Society in Sydney and it was out ofthis society that the Womanhood Suffrage League developed in May 1891.
Womanhood Suffrage League
· Rose Scott had strenuously opposed Federation in 1900
· She opposed Federation because she did not want another parliament meeting a long way away where it would be even harder for women to become members. And this new parliament was to have power over marriage and divorce!
· Rose Scott became president of the Sydney branch of the Peace Society in 1908.
· She lived at home and did not marry, she devoted her life to the women's movement.
· One of the most influential figures of her time she died in Sydney on the 20th April 1925.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art