This storyboard does not have a description.
I was born in the year 1450!
He was raised by a noble family, so he probably had a good education.
Unfourtanely almost nothing is known about him until after 1487
we do know that he was a superintendent of the royal warehouse.
1. He was the first to sail around the southernmost tip of Africa in 1488
2. He named it the cape of storms after having an encounter with one while there.
He was the first known explorer to reach to Indian Ocean from the Atantic
Portugal and other European nations had already established trades with Asia, but it was an on land rout and was very hard to get to. It also closed in the 1450s.
It was a very big victory for Portugal for Dias to have found this because now Portugal can trade with Asia and India.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art