Medication Management Process
By ksnoyes, Updated
Describes the implementation of the medication management program between Professional Pharmacy and the clinics
Genesis Health Care has a program to manage our patients with Chronic diseases that we call Safecare. Every patient diagnosed with a chronic disease is referred to this program and monitored on a regular basis.
Over time we realized that one of the greatest barriers to patient compliance with treatment regimens was the lack of compliance with taking their medications
Patients gave us several reasons for non-compliance, all of which resulted in the inconsistency of the timing or the amount of the medications.
1. Financial constraints-they couldn't afford all their medications so would not fill them or split the pills to extend the time between refills
2. Transportation-they couldn't get to the pharmacy to pick up the medication therefore would not stay on a consistent schedule of taking the medications.
3. Forgetfullness/confusion-they would forget to take their medications or take them at the wrong time or in the wrong amounts.
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos! (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great Looking Rubrics!