This storyboard does not have a description.
1. "The Rockpile" James Baldwin (1924-1987) Levi Book 6th 5-3-18
2. Gabriel-Roy's father Delilah- Daughter of Gabriel and Elizabeth Elizabeth-Mother of john and Roy Roy- Son of Gabriel and Elizabeth John-elder illegitimate son of Elizabeth Paul-son of Gabriel and Elizabeth Elizabeth defended John. Gabriel favors Roy. Roy gets hurt at the rockpile. John gets blamed for Roy's injury.
3. The exposition leads up to the argument between John and his step dad. It establishes each main characters personality, and relationships with each other. One event is when Elizabeth told the boys not to go to the rockpile but only looked at Roy. Another event is when Roy says he is leaving, John keeps doing what he was doing.
4. The main conflict is when Roy gets hurt on the rockpile. The family worries about what Gabriel is going to do or say. Gabriel babies Roy but tries to blame John for letting him go.
5. Gabriel sees Roys head and becomes furious. He then blames John for the incident and threatens to beat him with a strap. Elizabeth jumps in and tells Gabriel "You ain't goin to take no strap to this boy, not today you aint." Then Gabriel settles down.
6. The theme of this story could be favoritism. It is obvious that Gabriel favors Roy over John, and Elizabeth brings it to his attention. This family also favors spiritual beliefs over worldly beliefs.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art