The apple of his eye
By nikita13, Updated
This storyboard does not have a description.
1. "His name is Coutts and he owned a fruit shop famous for its displays of highly polished produce." "Coutts had no children. He had been married, but his wife had left him in circumstances that were painful to recall." "Firstly he was unusually short." "His body was as lean as a nine year old's." •-This is a key moment as the author is introducing, the character who will become an important part of the short story, This is also a key moment as the author explain what Coutts went through, describe how he looks like and what sort of person he is.
2. " Coutts observed that the woman he has saved had arms lined with very fine blonde hairs and that sometimes they covered freckles that reminded him of the blemishes on inferior fruit." " It had taken Eyelash sometime to conjure up the courage to jump." "A lifetime behind a counter had shaped Coutts into an accomplished listener." "They sat on either end of a bench placed there by the local council for its view of the roofs of the town and the bruise-blue sea beyond." - This key moment is significant as, the author introduce how Coutts meets Eyelash and shows what a caring person Coutts is by saving Eyelash's life and also making time to listen to a complete stranger's life story. That becomes a significant part for the story at the following key moment.
3. "At last Coutts made a suggestion. Eyelash could come and stay with him in the fruit shop." "Eyelash took to the fruit trade right away. The orderliness of theshelves, the rows of shiny fruit , appealed to her." "She enjoyed living with Coutts. Despite his size, she found him pleseant company." -This is the moment where Coutts the humble caring person decided too take in Eyelash and welcome her in his life, despite the mistakes she has made, this is significant as a relationship is starting to create, not only by communicating but throughout the fruit shop and how Eyelash is helping him with the fruit trade and all. Even though there is differences between Eyelash and Coutts, you can see that in the one quote it says that Eyelash stills enjoy his company and living with Coutts.
4. " Months passed like a smile in a crowd." "Eyelash had her baby and called him John. She knew what a blessing a plain, run-of-the-mill na,e would be in later life." "Coutts also brought a gift to the maternity ward. A wooden apple made too order by a master carver from heart rimu. Coutts had oiled and polished it himself until it was the colour of flowing manuka honey." -This key moment is significant as Eyelash had her baby, and is still apart of Coutts life, this is a important thing for Coutts as he never had a family and know all of the sudden he got given Eyelash and John who he is busy creating a life long relationship with. At this moment they introduce John Eyelash son who is already starting to be significant to Coutts, as Coutts didn't have any children.
5. "Years passed like the echo of a laugh. John grew up happily in the fruit shop. By the time he was six he was as tall as John." "Coutts taught John all he knew about the fruit trade." "Played a game when customers are gone. Hide the rimy apple." - This key moment was significant as Coutts finally had the opportunity, by stepping up as a father figure to John and teaching him much as he could about the fruit trade. This is also significant as Coutts never had the chance and now having the chance is an important thing for Coutts, especially having the idea of spending time with John and playing games. This also significant as it shows that despite what happened in his passed, if he didn't stay the humble caring person he was he might af never had this opportunity of meeting Eyelash and creating a bond with John.
6. "She looked up and there was lars." "Eyelash told Coutts that she and John were leaving." "I'll be sorry to see you go." "She had developed into a good listener from working in the fruit sop, and no matter how many times she heard the same story she always made it seem as thought it were the first." "Eyelash was not unhappy, nor completely happy." "After graduation John opened a vegan restaurant." "I believe he still calls the small man he thinks of as his father." "I don't think you're eve going to find it,' he says to himself. 'Not this time." -This is significant as in this moment, everything happened to Coutts like in his past, Eyelash and John left him cause Eyelash is moving in with her old boyfriend Lars, John's dad,and at this moment Coutts realise that he is not going to have the memories he had with Eyelash and John as they are leaving. Even though they left Eyelash did develop listening skills from Coutts, and helped other single mothers in the process, and was about happy, while John opened a vegan shop and still had contact with Coutts who he stills see as his father. It shows that even though Coutts feels like he lost everything he didn't lose the relationship with him and John. This is also significant as even though Coutts was old it showed through out the years that the person he was, was a person everyone should be caring, humble and kind to others cause then at the end, you will receive the same back, even when it didn't feel like it did for Coutts.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos! (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great Looking Rubrics!