This storyboard does not have a description.
Corporate interactive session
Topic: Building and sustaining cohesive teams Guest: Mr. Nikhil Thomas- Manager (Advertising sales)
• Mr Nikhil Thomas stressed upon the need of a team and its various benefits. He stated that it is only a cohesive team which ensures productivity, even during the time of a sudden market characteristic change. • Taking a cue out of his professional experience in the media industry, he presented two distinct examples which clearly demonstrated the difference between a cohesive and a non-cohesive team. • Main factors that will lead to cohesion in the team are regular meets, controlling the bully in the team, pulling each other up, bonding well and the presence of an effective leader.
• Mr Nikhil Thomas also emphasized the need for a leader in a team. That is the most essential human resource element in any team. A leader should understand the task at hand and ensure that the whole team moves towards the objective at the correct pace. He/she should understand the strengths and weaknesses of each individual in a team and allocate responsibilities respectively. Not to forget that the team leader has to have a tight pulse check over the team constantly.
Examples proving effective leadership • Mr. Narayan Murthy with his team of 7 members left their job at Patni computers to start programming and that was when Infosys was formed. In a few years, they grew and were asked for acquisition but that time Narayan Murthy got the focus of the team back to the aim which was to be the most respected company in the world. Infosys was the first Indian company to be listed on NASDAQ which was an achievement. Later Narayan Murthy thought the company needed to grow so the leadership was passed on but when the company didn’t function properly he came back to fix things and communicated his ideas to more than a lakh people, motivated them towards the aim and again left the company to the new CEO Vishal Sikka
• Sir Alex Fergusson was the manager of one of the best football clubs in the world for 26 yrs. He took over as manager when Manchester United was struggling in the league and was second last in the standings. When he took charge, the team was an undisciplined lot of players. But, the idea was clear and that was to knock off Liverpool which had already won 18 championships. He brought in new players to the squad. The class of 92 had young players like David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Nevillebrothers in the team and eventually Sir Alex achieved his aim by overtaking Liverpool in the league win tally.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos! (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great Looking Rubrics!