This storyboard does not have a description.
2) It all started off by me looking at maps... then I saw patterns. Patterns of fossils placements, I saw the continents fit together like a puzzle, and I looked at coal deposits that all proved one thing to me...
1) My name is Alfred Wegner and I am going to tell you about my plate tectonics tale.
Being my younger more pristine self, I was making a lot of discoveries. As I studied the map more evidence kept piling up. I knew the continents had moved. I just knew it... But I couldn't find any evidence at all to explain everything.
I tried to tell people of my discovery but for the most part they rejected my theory that I called the continental drift theory... it was of a super continent which I named Pangaea that split apart thousands of years ago. Even though no one believed me I kept trying to prove them wrong.
Eventually, even though I tried hard in my life, I passed on to the other side before I could truly prove continental drift was real and had an actual/believable cause.
goodbye cruel world!
Though, before I died I found a small bit of evidence... I found that Greenland was moving a small distance away from Europe each year. Soon enough I realized some people did accept my theory and were working extensively to prove it. Posthumous, people kept inventing and made some new inventions (that could've helped me but) that ended up helping a guy named Harry Hess.
After World War II, which Harry served in, technology rapidly improved. through some technologies like sonar waves, people were able to map the ocean floor and see mid-ocean ridges, rift valleys, and underwater volcanoes. Once Harry Hess saw this, he developed his hypothesis (that backed up my theory) of Plate tectonics, which explained the continents moved apart because of just that, plate tectonics. So in other words, plates tectonics supports Wegner's theory.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art