1. The girls dance in the forest, they claim to see the devil.
2. Reverend Parris is unhappy with the situation. Abigail lies to Reverend Parris to stay out of trouble.
3. John Proctor is met with Hale, who gives Proctor information of what is happening. Cheever appears with a warrant to take Elizabeth.
4. John Proctor attends court to attempt to prove that Abigail is a fraud. John loses when Elizabeth tries to help John.
5. John and Elizabeth are sent to the jail. Reverend Parris, Hawthorne, and Danforth try to get John Proctor to confess for seeing the devil. In order to not accuse any of his friends, John refuses to sign the paper.
6. John is then put to deep trouble. Later, the Salem officials had stated that they were very sorry about this.