One summer day, Amy was taking a long walk on the beach out in the sun.
But when she got home and looked in the mirror, she saw that some parts of her skin have turned a redish color. The skin has started to swell and it was painful when she touched it.
Amy immediately went to her family doctor to get her skin checked. The doctor did a physical checkup and diagnosed Amy with first degree burn.
The doctor reassured Amy that first degree burns were nothing serious and can be easily treated with some healing cream and avoiding the sun. First degree burns only affect the first layer (epidermis) of the skin, and the pain only lasts for around 42-78 hours.
The doctor then prescribed Amy some aloe vera healing cream. The cream will replenish moisture in the skin and help heal/soothe the skin with vitamins.
After putting on the aloe vera cream everyday and avoiding the sun for a week, Amy is finally able to go back to the beach! But this time, she made sure to apply sunscreen to her skin and take a shorter walk to prevent getting burned again.