The Roman Struggle Storyboard
Updated: 2/1/2021
The Roman Struggle Storyboard

Storyboard Text

  • WE ARE NOT INFERIOR TO YOU!!!! WE ARE NOT INFERIOR TO YOU!!!! WE ARE NOT INFERIOR TO YOU!!!! WE ARE NOT INFERIOR TO YOU!!!! WE ARE NOT INFERIOR TO YOU!!!!
  • 1. Plebeian or Patrician?
  • Congratulations, it's a Plebian!
  • Congratulations, it's a Patrician
  • 2. The Senate
  • GUILTYYYY!!!!
  • Is he GUILTY or INNOCENT!?
  • INNOCENT!!!!
  • 3. The Conflict of the Orders
  •  Ancient Rome your status as a Plebeian or Patrician was decided at birth. Around 95% of the Roman population were Plebeians, the remaining 5% were Patricians.
  • 4. Fleeing Rome
  • WHERE IS MY HORSE?!?!
  • Glad we stole this wagon and horse! I do not feel like walking through these hills on foot!
  • The 300 Romans that make up the Senate were chosen by the Patricians. The Senators would serve for life and were normally expected to serve as judges, make laws, and appoint officials.
  • 5. The Compromise
  • Is that BOB shaking hands with a PATRICIAN!
  • Ha! Wait till he hears about the Twelve Tables!
  • The Conflict of the Orders is when the Plebeians had decided that they had had enough of the Patricians treating them as if they were inferior, and decided to finally fight back!
  • 6. The Twelve Tables
  • I swear last time I checked, stealing chickens wasn't a big crime!
  • In 494 BCE the Plebeians moved away from Rome. Because of this Rome was left defenseless, due to the fact that their military was mostly made up of Plebeians.
  • After the Plebeians moved away, the Patricains started to panic because at the time they had no military to defend them. Therefore, they came up with a compromise.
  • Over the course of 200 years, the laws were starting to become fairer for the Plebeians and Patricians. One thing that happened in this time period was the Twelve Tables. The Twelve Tables formed the basis of law for the Roman Republic and combined strict rules with strict punishment. It was also the Roman laws written on 12 wooden tablets.