Those goggles are so uncomfortable... I don't think I really need them.
I'm so sorry, Sam
Yes... one of my students got acid in his eye during a lab...
It was lab day. The teacher had just finished going over the rules. She reminded everyone to wear aprons, gloves, and goggles, because they would be using a more dangerous chemical. Sam didn't want to wear goggles, though.
Unfortunately, Amy tripped. Some of the dangerous chemical she was carrying got into Sam's eyes, because he wasn't wearing goggles.
Sam remembered the teacher said, "If you get chemicals in your eyes, use the eyewash station immediately." So Sam did just that. He began to rinse his eyes, and the teacher called for help.
Because of their quick action, Sam was okay. However, next time they had a lab, Sam was the first to put on goggles, and he made sure to remind others to do the same. He knew how important it was to always wear safety goggles during a lab.