More Options: Make a Folding Card

Storyboard Description

This storyboard does not have a description.

Storyboard Text

  • Nick Shafer
  • Text Structure - Chronological/Sequential
  • "Sea turtles are known to mistake small, round plastic bits for fish eggs, and larger creatures, like salps and jellyfish, filter the particles out of the water. These bits of plastic and the contaminants they carry can end up in our own food chain when those jellyfish are eaten by fish"(38).
  • Sign Posts - Numbers and Stats
  • "But Charlie estimates that these sources account for only 20 percent of the plastic debris on the ocean. The other 80 percent he says, arrives in the ocean by the way of land-based rivers and storm drains"(37).
  • I just got yeeted by a rare Elephant
  • Mindset - Avoids Challenges
  • Because ghost nets sink to the bottom of the ocean, animals are getting stuck and getting drowned, yet people still use ghost nets.
  • To keep birds and other animals alive, we need to get rid of the plastic items.
  • Summary - Headline & Aha! Huh?
  • From catching fish, to suffocating them
  • The author used this number to show the percent of how much plastic went into storm drains and trash chutes in the ocean.
  • Should we ban Ghost Nets?
  • Since ghost nets are designed to capture fish, they still capture fish after being released into the ocean, and kill animals.
  • challenges - perseverance - determined - horrible - death - destruction to the environment 
  • Aha! - Captured many fish to eat -Captures fish,sharks, and other animals Huh? Ghost nets are hrad to track
  • The question is should we ban Ghost Nets?
More Storyboards By 396b7924
Explore Our Articles and Examples

Try Our Other Websites!

Photos for Class   •   Quick Rubric   •   abcBABYart   •   Storyboard That's TpT Store