1. First president to be born in a log cabin. 2. He made his money in the Cotton Business And Owned Slaves. 3. He was also a Self-Taught Military Leader.
1. His massive Autobiography failed to mention his late wife or his presidency. 2. He was governor of New York for a very short period of just a few months before resigning to become the Secretary of state. 3. After the stock market crashed his opponents called him '' Martin Van Ruin''.
James K. Polk
1. When William asked his future wife's father if he could marry his daughter, he refused. As a result William and Anna eloped and got married in secret. 2. William's grandson, Benjamin Harrison, became the 23rd president of the United States. 3. He died 32 days after being Inaugurated as president.
1. His favorite horse was named " General". 2. He liked big families. With his two wives he fathered 15 children, more than any other president. 3. He had two boys named John, one with each wife.
1.The " K" in his middle name stood for Knox. 2. His roommate at the University Of North Carolina, William Dunn Moseley, became the First Governor of Florida. 3. Polk added 1.2 million square miles of land to the United States.
1. President James Madison was Taylor's second cousin. 2. His Daughter, Sarah Knox Taylor, was married briefly to Jefferson Davis before she died. Davis went on to become president of the confederacy. 3. There are theories that he was actually assassinated and that the snack he ate was purposely poisoned.