autism awareness
Updated: 3/3/2020
autism awareness

Storyboard Text

  • It is officially April 2nd, the start of Autism Awareness month. This month we focus on spreading the knowledge of autism and giving people tips on how to support it.
  • As you may know, a lot of kids suffer from autism, but did you know that 2.5 percent of the population have been surveyed to have it? Though that may seem small to some of you compared to the rest of the 97.5 percent of the population, that is still 1.5 million U.S. kids.
  • Notice that I said "U.S. kids". That means I didn't include the many U.S. adults or people in general who suffer from autism in other countries. There are too many people living under permanent, unfortunate conditions that they had no control over. This month, we give back to them by buying from places that employ autistic people, teach autism awareness to the community, attend autism-friendly events.
  • But the most important thing I believe you could do is treat those with autism as normal citizens, not as anything less. Treat them with love and kindness and inspire others to do the same.
  • Don't just do it for the month, do it for the rest of your life. Acknowledge them, love them, and accept them.
  • Know. Love. Accept
Over 15 Million Storyboards Created
Storyboard That Family