A storyboard that follows the production steps of a laptop.
1. The production starts with countries all over the world gathering materials to create elements and features of the laptop. Materials such as Iron and Nickel are used. These materials are mined by countries and then may be exported to factories out of the country, or transported to other factories in the country.
The Production of a Laptop
2. Then, countries all over the world producing elements in the laptop, such as the hard disk drive, the motherboard or the memory disk. Places such as China, Singapore and Thailand all create these elements.
3. Then all of these materials are exported to assembly factories, most of which are in China. These assembly factories put together the seperate pieces, where different sizes of items for a laptop are created. This is usually done by machines.
4. Then human workers place seperate smaller items together. This ensures that the components are placed correctly and efficiently. Millions of people are in this industry.
5. These assembled computers are then taken down conveyer belts. Workers at the end collect these laptops and package them off to be exported to other countries.