Don't Worry Charlie we will get the money to you tomorrow.
Hi Charlie. Can me and Mark have a coke?
1. No, you owe three dollars here.
2. You better or else, I will be looking for you.
That was Then, This is Now by: SE Hinton
1. I thought it would help everyone if I made a few extra dollars. Don't worry I'm not taking them.
2. What? Bryon, you know what this would do to someone with a record like mine. Please tell me you're lying.
2. I called the cops on you.
1.What are these, Mark?
In the introduction Mark and Bryon walk into Charlie's bar and they want coke's but they have already charged to many. Charlie says no to mark, but then Mark is able to convince Charlie into giving them both a coke. After they get their soda, Charlie tells them that M&M is looking for them.
In the rising action during a school dance Bryon decided to take Cathy, who is a girl he hadn't seen since she had gone to a private school. Mark didn't have anyone to go with so he went with Curtis, who Bryon does not like. At the dance a fight broke out because Bryon's old girlfriend sent someone after Curtis because Curtis didn't care about Angela, but Angela like Curtis. The boy who went after Curtis ended up fighting Mark.
Bryon found out that Mark was selling drugs and Bryon's girlfriend's, little brother had taken drugs and may never recover. Mark started crying when he was talking to Bryon and was confused why he was doing this. Mark knows he could go to jail for a long time if the police found out.