Busy Bees, Busy Blooms
Updated: 4/8/2021
Busy Bees, Busy Blooms

Storyboard Text

  • Alright, now that we've learned about process of pollination, we're going to play a game!
  • bee!
  • We will be modeling pollination as bees and flowers, so 75% of the class will be the flower students while the other 25% will be the bee students. So which four wants to be the flowers and which two want to be the bees?
  • flower!!
  • bee!
  • Okay, so each of my flowers get a paper bag filled with chips that represent nectar and a sheet of stickers that represent pollen. During the game the flowers have to stay in one place. When a bee visits, the flowers will place a pollen sticker on the bee. If the bee already has a pollen sticker from another flower, then you can take their pollen sticker on put it on the ground near your feet.
  • The bee students also each get a paper bag that represents your stomach, but your goal is to visit as many flowers to get nectar chips. The flower students will be trading their pollen stickers each time a bee visits you. Before we begin, I need the flowers to scatter around the room and the bees to get on one side.
  • Game in Session
  • buzz, buzz, buzz!!
  • buzz, buzz, buzz!!
  • Good job my bees and flowers! Everyone should have a different number of pollen stickers than they started with. Can anyone describe the process of pollination?
  • Flowers make nectar so that bees will visit them. Then the flower's pollen will get stuck on the bee, who then transports it to another flower. The pollen being moved between flowers is pollination!
  • nectar chips