This storyboard does not have a description.
Siddhartha lived in Kapilovosta. There was a prophecy that said if he stayed at home, he would become a world leader, but if he left, he would be a universal spiritual leader
You are going to stay here so you can become a great king!
When Siddhartha was 29, he made four journeys outside the palace. In each journey, he saw and old man, a sick man, a dead corpse, and a holy man at peace.
Maybe the only way to avoid suffering is to live a religious life
Siddhartha spent 6 years looking for enlightenment. He tried to reach it by debating other people and fasting, eating only six grains of rice per day
Siddhartha meditated under a Bodhi Tree for 49 day when he finally understood the cause for suffering. From then on, he was known as Buddha, meaning the enlightened one
Buddha began to preach the ideas he understood in the enlightenment, also known as the Four Noble Truths
1. Life is full of suffering and sorrow 2. The cause of suffering is selfish desires towards temporary pleasures
3. If you end those desires, you end the suffering 4. To overcome the desires, you must follow the Eightfold Path
Following the Eightfold Path leads to nirvana, the freedom from selfishness and pain
The five disciples that first heard Buddha preach became the first Buddhist monks in the sangha, the religious order. The sangha, Buddha, and the dharma, which are Buddhist teachings, make up the three Jewels of Buddhism
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art