10. When turning 18 you are eligible to serve in jury duty. You have to show up to jury duty or else you will be held in contempt of court or imprisoned, but you may also postpone your jury duty to a later time.
9. You are officially 18 you have more freedom to do what you want. Meaning you can get married without your parents permission.
8.Before turning 18 you may have gotten your drivers license and whatever happened was on your parents. As you turn 18 the law now holds you and you are liable for what happens when you drive on the road.
7. You may now rent your own apartment, and you don't need your parents to sign papers anymore or discuss for that apartment. But make sure to know the rights and obligations if you plan to rent.
6. you no longer need a work permit when you turn 18 to work. But that does mean now that you are an adult you have more responsibilities. You can work overtime and get paid for it, and you now get compensation insurance and unemployment insurance.
5. one good thing about turning 18 is that you have the right to vote, you can be heard now with your vote.