By 93e, Updated
This storyboard does not have a description.
Trouble For The Church
Martin Luther And Scala Sancta
Schism (multiple popes)simony (buying church jobs) & indulgences (selling forgiveness) caused reformers to speak out.
Martin Luther was a great man of history. Some believe he was the most significant European figure of the second millennium.The Scala Sancta are holy because they are said to be the stairs that Jesus climbed on his way to his trial before Pontius Pilate (or the events that are also known as the Passion of Christ).
Diet of Worms
1. Selling indulgances is wrong 2. Buying indulgences gives people a false sense of security and endangers their salvation
1. Sola Gratia (Grace Alone) 2. Sola Fide (Faith Alone) 3. Solus Christus (Christ Alone) 4. Sola Scriptura (Scripture Aone) 5. Soli Deo Gloria (To the Glory of God Alone)
The journey to Worms was more like a victory march; Luther was welcomed enthusiastically in all of the towns he went through. He had to appear before the Emperor twice; each time he was clearly told to take back his teachings.“Here I stand, I can do no other” became a symbol of triumph.
The most important and influential of translations of the Bible into German is the Luther Bible completed in 1534. Towering over the town of Eisenach, Germany, is Wartburg Castle. This castle was constructed in the 1060s.While he was at the Wartburg he had an identity. He grew a beard and tried to disguise himself, and he called himself Junker Jörg, meaning “Knight George.”
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art