Questions About Remote Learning? Click Here

Trophic levels
Updated: 4/17/2020
Trophic levels
This storyboard was created with StoryboardThat.com

Storyboard Text

  • Trophic levels description and on how energy moves thorough each one.
  • First trophic level- producers
  • Second trophic level - primary consumers
  • Third trophic level-secondary consumers
  • Fourth trophic level-tertiary consumers
  • Producers
  • Tertiary consumers
  • For this example it gets its energy from the sun. Also producers has the greatest energy (biomass).
  • This animal obtains its nutrition or energy from all the levels below it. This consumers also many eat on meat and plants. They are called apex predators. This example is a snake
  • Primary consumers.
  • Secondary consumers eat primary consumers for more energy but it doesn't only get its energy from primary but also from producers. Secondary consumer can be either carnivores or omnivores. For this one the example will be a frog.
  • So primary consumer depend on producers and they get more energy. In most cases primary consumers are herbivores so then producers usually are autotrophic and in this case it works. My example is a grasshopper(won't it me upload a picture).
  • Secondary consumers.
  • 10% of the energy is passed on to the next level. And the other 90% is lost in heat.
  • Other important facts about the trophic levels.
  • Energy flow
  • Without a level the whole thing can be messed up.
  • There is less and less energy as you go up the pyramid so that's why the producers has the most energy.
Over 14 Million Storyboards Created
Storyboard That Family