1. Genetic Variation The darker reptiles have a watertight layer skin beneath their thick skin while the lighter reptiles do not have this layer of water skin.
2. Overproduction and the struggle to survive The environment is perfect for both types of reptiles so both can reproduce drastically.
The environment changed because of human deforestation and the forest turned to a desert.
3. Survival and Reproduction of the Fittest The darker reptiles will survive more because they can get hydrated with their watertight skin.
3. Survival and Reproduction of the Fittest Since the darker reptiles can survive longer so their fitness grows, they are able to reproduce even more babies that also have the watertight skin layer.
4. Changes in the Gene Pool Over time, in this desert, there will mostly be the darker reptiles because of the lack of water the other reptiles can't survive and die of dehydration. There will rarely be any tan colored reptiles because they do not have the water skin layer.