Browns Bay History
Updated: 2/27/2019
Browns Bay History
This storyboard was created with StoryboardThat.com

Storyboard Text

  • Dr John Logan Campbell Has Just Arrived At What We Now Call Browns Bay
  • Dr John Logan Campbell, Was A Successful Land Owner in The North Shore Owning Lot 189
  • Peter Brown, after whom Browns Bay is named, bought the 136 acres of land, which contained a major part of the beach and flat land, Most Of The land was covered by bush and scrub.
  • Dr John Logan Campbell Eventually sold A Bit Of His Land To Peter Brown
  • Peter Brown built his house on what is now the corner of Clyde Road and Anzac Road. Unfortunately his house was destroyed by fire in 1930. He also built a manager's residence in 1886
  • Then In the late 1950’s with the completion of the Auckland Harbour Bridge. Browns Bay was connected with the city of Auckland
Over 12 Million Storyboards Created
Storyboard That Family