More Options: Make a Folding Card

Storyboard Description

This storyboard does not have a description.

Storyboard Text

  • ...unconventionally in that the actor he would use would be a skater, but would show you the non-stereotyped version. The typical majority skater, which the media doesn't show you. Obviously from these 5 skaters we could have used, Ruben (Top right) clearly would stand out to a majority of people as a typical or stereotypical skater, how you would you know? 80% of the 16 people we asked said he stood out as the stereotypical skater, the other 20% said Dylan (Bottom left) is.
  • Learning from class feedback, we learnt that buy using an actor who people are expecting to be represented in a certain way (due to stereotypes). That way we can represent our stereotyped character (Skater) unconventionally in the attempts to make him likeable and different so that the audience then grow a bond with our character, for when we kill him off, therefore instead of the audience no caring due to how he would stereotypically be represented, our audience would care due to the way we have chosen to represent the skater background.
  • Essentially, with the use of narration overgoing the film, they (Aidan and Liam) Have intended to make our character grow on the viewing eye, obviously as being set in a rural area where wealth isn't as accessible and drug use is a teens last resort, we used the narration to give our character a sensitive representation so that he talks you through is story and help you sympathise with him in a way the audience wouldn't find them selves feeling in reality for that certain social groups character.
  • Soo, how does your media represent certain stereotypes?
  • Why are they asking questions, I only want a drink?!
  • Why a skater?
  • *Bzz*
  • Aidan <3- Representing stereotypes!
  • For our media product, another reason for choosing to represent our character unstereotypically is simply because we felt it would get a better reaction from our audience. As if people see the 'normal' skater negatively, then they are going to ignore our character and completely ignore our piece. With our character we have also chosen to take him down the typical teenage boy route. Messy, lively and independent. As in a lot of films today, little effort is required on the male character, and if we had chosen to do a female character we would have to ensure she was good looking, well dressed. Else the audience would not be interested because they dont find her appealing.
More Storyboards By aidwalkee
Explore Our Articles and Examples

Try Our Other Websites!

Photos for Class – Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!)
Quick Rubric – Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
abcBABYart – Create Custom Nursery Art