(2) Right now, I feel so down that I don't do the activities that I used to love. I want to be able to cope with my symptoms so that I can go to Bingo with my friends like I used to.
(1) When learning how to self-manage your depression it is important that you implement strategies for coping and make changes that you feel confident in carrying out. But first, you have to understand where you are now and the behavioral changes you have to make to get to where you'd like to be in the future.
(3) I just feel so tired all the time, I want to have more energy to do things I love to do.
(4) I agree.
So now that you've identified your goal, the next step is to come up with strategies that you all can use in your daily life to cope with these symptoms.
How can we do that?
(2) There are exercise classes offered here at Elim Park, I have been wanting to go to... Maybe that will help my mood. I'm going to plan to go this week.
(1) Ways to improve mood and energy levels include getting the right amount of sleep, incorporating exercise into your daily routine, eating healthy and energy-rich foods, and making attempts to do things you like, even if you don't feel like doing them.
Even though I never feel up to going to Bingo, I'm going to force myself to go this week so that I can spend time with my friends doing something I used to love.
I'm going to make sure that I eat all 3 meals everyday, even when I don't feel like walking downstairs to the dining room.
Those all sound like great ideas! Between now and the next group, I want you all to take action and actually do all of the things that you just planned. We will then talk about what worked and what didn't, and how we can change your goals.