Hero's Journey 2
Updated: 2/23/2021
Hero's Journey 2

Storyboard Text

  • I've arrived at Salt Lake City in Utah. The airport is huge and they keep delaying the flight.
  • Sorry, why don't you ask someone else.
  • Excuse me, can you please help me get to this area?
  • What am I going to do?! I lost my phone charger and I'm all alone now.
  • My first flight was from Fresno to Salt Lake City, Utah. Later, I would catch another flight to Medford, Oregon. Eventually, the pilots announced the fog over Medford was too heavy and that our flight was scheduled for the next day. I would not be able to go home.
  • I'm so tired and scared. Ahhh I have to stay up so I don't miss my flight. I'm halfway there!
  • At this point, I was hopeless and hungry. My older sister decided to order me food at the airport since all the food places were closed. I was getting McDonald's but the airport so huge I got lost and nobody seemed to want to help me. I walked around the whole airport trying to find the person delivering me food and I carried both of my really heavy bags since no one would watch it for me.
  • After hours of walking around the airport, I got my food but I still didn't know my way around the city, I wasn't an adult, and I couldn't book a hotel. Also, I lost my charger so I couldn't call my parents or have an alarm to wake me up at 8 am the next day. Then, I realized I could use my laptop and I had no choice but to force myself to stay up for the next 12 hours and hopefully, I wouldn't miss my flight
  • Throughout the night I tried to keep myself distracted. I did my homework and classwork I missed out on. I realized that was making me fall asleep so I forced myself to watch movies. The time passed slowly: 11:00 pm, 2:00 am, 4:00 am, 6:00 am, finally 8:00 am, the time of my flight.
  • I had stayed up 12 more hours from 8 pm to 8 am just so I wouldn't miss my flight. I slept throughout most of the flight and did not care about anything else but getting home. I will never forget the people with who I conversed, especially not the person who delivered my food and was very patient with me.
  • When I arrived at the airport, I used my laptop to contact my mom and got picked up. She felt so bad for me and so did my dad. I got home, washed up, and fell asleep for 14 hours straight because this whole journey, I had been awake for nearly 28 hours.