This storyboard does not have a description.
1. "The Rockpile" James Baldwin Austin Fenton 6th Period 5-7-18
2. Elizabeth- the mother of john and roy. Gabriel- the father of roy Roy- son of elizabeth and gabriel John- elder lillegetimate son of Elizabeth Delilah- daughter of gabriel and elizabeth Paul- son of gabriel and elizabeth Elizabeth defended john. Gabriel favorites roy. Roy goes to the rockpile and gets hurt. John id blamed for roy getting hurt.
The exposition leading up to the concluding showdown between john and his stepfather gives the personality of the characters, as well as their relationship to the other characters.One thing was when elizabeth told them to not go to the rockpile, but she only meant it to roy. ANother is when roy leaves and goes to the rockpile. But john just keeps drawing his train.
$. The conflict is when roy gets hit with a tin can. They start to worry about what gabriel will say. He babies roy but he also wants to punish john for letting roy leave the house.
5. Roy is babied by gabriel, but john isn't. Gabriel is mad at john for not taking care of roy. When Gabriel is going to whoop john elizabeth jumps in and says"You ain't goin to taken no strap to this boy, not today you ain't". The confrontation settles down after a while.
6. The theme for the story is alienation. You can tell who is Gabriel's favorite kid, but elizabeth doesn't take it. You can tell that the family is very religious and strict.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art