Standard: Apply the Pythagorean Theorem to determine unknown side lengths in right triangles in real-world and mathematical problems in two and three dimensions.
Requirements: The comic strip must contain...
• four (3) panels minimum,
• clearly drawn characters,
• an explanation of applying the Pythagorean Theorem
• element(s) of humor, irony, drama, ...
• Show your work (work out the problem in the story)
• Answer the question in your story with a complete sentence
• This must be done in color!
• It must be on paper with no lines or construction paper
Directions: Student will create a comic strip with 3 panels (minimum), including an explanation of how to apply the Pythagorean Theorem to determine unknown side lengths in right triangles. The comic strip must include a real-world and/or mathematical problem using the Pythagorean Theorem.
Hey girl (Rory) wya?
Hey Lorelai My mom had to go to her job last minute and said im not able to drive further than 7 miles away from my house. How far is the club from my house?
Ok so my house is 4 miles south of Rorys and the club is 5 miles east from my house. Omgg! Thats 9 miles away. Her mom can track the car. But wait! I know maple street runs exactly from rory's house to the club but how many miles is that?