Lamb to the Slaughter
By barton_l, Updated
This storyboard does not have a description.
1. Mary greets Patrick. Patrick looks off Mary's shoulder aloofly. Then, he looks at Mary and responds unenthusiastically. 2. Close up, over the shoulder 3. Eye level 4. No movement 5. Mary says "Hullo darling," happily, and Patrick responds non-enthusiastically, saying, "Hullo." 6. 6 seconds
1. Mary looks up at Patrick fondly. Patrick stares off into space and downs his whiskey. He gets up to get another one. 2. Medium shot 3. Eye level 4. No movement 5. Sound of ice cubes clinking in Patrick's glass and sound of him gulping. Mary says, "Tired?" and Patrick says, "Yes, I'm tired." Sound of clock ticking. 6. 6 seconds
1. When Patrick gets up to get some more alcohol, Mary frantically runs to get Patrick some more. Patrick tells her to sit down. 2. Medium shot 3. Eye level 4. Pan camera to the right a little as she runs 5. Sound of Patrick getting up and Mary running. Mary yells, "I'll get it!" In the background, Patrick curtly says, "Sit down." (Patrick is not in the shot so as to give suspense.) Sound of clock ticking. 6. 3 seconds
1. Mary stops in her tracks once Patrick tells her to sit down and is confused for a second. 2. Close up, over the shoulder 3. Eye level 4. No movement 5. Patrick sighs and tells her to "Just sit down," softly. There is a pause as Mary collects her thoughts again. Sound of clock ticking. 6. 5 seconds
1. Mary continues to ask Patrick if he wants anything. Patrick continues to respond curtly, telling her to sit down. Mary becomes frightened and confused. Patrick does not look at her in the eye. He looks into his drink. Mary sits down. 2. Medium shot 3. Eye level 4. Switch from person to person as they speak. 5. After the last objection, Mary becomes frightened and confused, and there is only tense silence and the ticking of the clock. 6. 25 seconds
1. Patrick tells Mary the marriage is over. Mary is devastated. 2. Close up 3. Eye level 4. Slowly zoom into Mary to give the effect of devastation 5. Patrick's words become muffled and a "headache" sound effect plays (like in this video at 0:42 - https://youtu.be/YvGh-lYJ2bY?t=42s). Everything gets louder and louder. Patrick's words overlap and it is as if a dozen Patricks are speaking at once. It all then suddenly stops once Patrick stops speaking. She then whispers the words, "I'll get the supper." 6. 7 seconds
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art