french revolution

french revolution
  Copy


More Options: Make a Folding Card




Storyboard Description

This storyboard does not have a description.

Storyboard Text

  • Atmosphere prior to revolution
  • The 3 estates
  • Revolution Brewing
  • It is time for us to take back whats ours!!!
  • France was highly populated, had great infrastructure, and was considered the center of enlightenment. There were 3 social classes called estates with the 1st and 2nd estates being made up of the wealthiest 2% of the population who were exempt from paying taxes, and the other 98% made up the 3rd estate who did have to pay taxes.
  • New National Assembly
  • there was civil unrest among the 3rd estate due to the taxes being raised and them having to pay all of it. The majojrity of the third estate was made up of peasants, but there were also city workers and the bourgeoisie who were rich but payed a lot of taxes.
  • Revolution
  • Life, Liberty, and fraternity!!!
  • The cost of living was growing and a lot of people were starving due to a bad harvest. Also, the American revolution just took place so the enlightenment thinkers began inspiring others to revolt.
  • Fate of King Louis XVI
  • King Louis XVI paid little attention to domestic affairs, so the third estate decided they did not need the other estates or the power of the crown. So they created a new national assembly which was the first deliberate action of the revolution.
  • The new national assembly began stealing guns and raiding the homes of all the nobles. So the king barricaded himself in his palace. and was eventually forced to leave. Their goal was to give all men equal rights, and to take and sell church land to pay off debt.
  • King Louis was captured and tried for treason. He was found guilty and died by guillotine. The monarchy was abolished and all males could vote. After Louis death Robespierre took over.
Explore Our Articles and Examples

Try Our Other Websites!

Photos for Class – Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!)
Quick Rubric – Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
abcBABYart – Create Custom Nursery Art