That will be $5 more because the British made the Sugar Act.
The Tea Act
Why. Now I Can't Smuggle Tea. :(
(1) The Date of the Stamp act was on 1765. (2) The Stamp Act was a unpopular law passed by the Parliament in early 1765. (3) The Stamp Act Congress required all colonists to buy special tax stamps for products. These products consisted of every piece of printed paper they used. Ship's papers, legal documents, licenses, newspapers, other publications, and even playing cards were taxed.
PLEASE STOP! (DIES)
Boston Tea Party
(1) The Date of the Sugar Act was on April 5, 1764. (2) The Sugar Act was a British Effort to impose new taxes. This tax was on sugar and molasses. The type of tax The Sugar Act created is called import tax. (3) The colonists were not happy about the Sugar Act because people would lose money for buying sugar and molasses. People such as merchants also needed to pay more to sell sugar and molasse, which made the colonists even more angry.
BYE BYE TEA!
(1) The date of the Tea Act was on December 16, 1773. (2) The British Tea Act was intended to help the British Tea Company. It lowered the price of tea by directly shipping tea to Britian and the Colonies. (3) However, this made Merchants and Colonists mad. This is because it gave East India a monopoly on Tea. Since Merchants smuggle tea and sell it to the Dutch, they will not be able to compete with low prices, because even though it was lowered prices, they still had to pay tax.
The Date of the Boston Massacre was March 5, 1770. The Boston Massacre was a event that took place on March 5, 1770. A group of workers were throwing rocks at the British Soldiers, and they shot back at the colonists. A case was held and only 2 British Soldiers had their thumbs branded. The result of this Massacre was the Committees of Correspondence, which alerted the Colonists about British and Colonial Acts such as the American Revolution.
(1) The Boston Tea Party took place on December 16, 1773. (2) The Sons of Liberty lead the Boston Tea Party. (3) On the date of the Boston Tea Party, Colonists boarded the Boston Harbor disguised as Native Americans. The Next three hours the Colonists dumped 9000 lbs of tea into the water. (4) The Intolerable Acts were the result of the Boston Tea Party. It passed 4 laws. 2 raised the power of the government, 1 closed the Boston Harbor, and the last cut the town meetings/colonial power. It was also a influence of the American Revolution.
(1) Patrick Henry was an American attorney, planter, and orator well known for his declaration to the Second Virginia Convention (1775): " Give me liberty, or give me death!" (2) Benjamin Franklin was a was an American polymath and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. Benjamin was a scientist in electrical science and invented the lightning rod, and was a American Figure. (3) "Thomas Paine was an English American writer. Important work Thomas Paine did was he wrote the pamphleteer whose Common Sense and other writings influenced the American Revolution.