The Great Pacific Garbage Patch

The Great Pacific Garbage Patch
  Copy


More Options: Make a Folding Card




Storyboard Description

This storyboard does not have a description.

Storyboard Text

  • You don't need to worry, how will it do anything at all. It's just a harmless plastic bag.
  • Sometimes people drop plastic bags while putting groceries inside their trunk of the car. Then the plastic bag could be blown away into waterways that lead to a garbage patch in the ocean. Others litter purposely.
  • Okay...
  • Oops, our bag has been blown away by these horrible winds!
  • I wonder what has happened here, could somebody have littered all over the place purposely?
  • 80% of the garbage in oceans comes from the land. At this rate, 10 tons of plastic go into the Pacific Ocean. The garbage then goes to a gyre and makes a garbage patch. The other 20% garbage comes from ships dumping their waste into the ocean.
  • Well, some people do it purposely and others do it by accident. This may affect us and our pipe water some people drink from.
  • Cigarettes are mostly found in oceans as there are over two million cigarettes.
  • These are examples of what might be found in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. Soda bottles and plastic bags are one of the most common things found in the Pacific ocean. There are over a million plastic bags and soda cans.
  • *smokes and throws*
  • In the ocean with the top 8 pieces of garbage found in the ocean all the trash together is 8,512,919. That is more than the human population.
  • This is a plastic bag.
  • 
  • You may think that the tiny micro plastics are easy to pick up, but if you think that, you're wrong. This is because as we pick them up, we might pick up animals that are small. Humans have made a huge impact on this environment.
  • You may think that cleaning all this may be easy, but it would take 67 boats to clean 1% of the garbage in the  Pacific garbage patch. It is two times the size of Texas.
  • There is even garbage at the bottom of the ocean in the great Pacific garbage patch.
  • How could this affect the animals in the ocean? Animals may mistake these  micro plastics for food. Imagine if you were drinking soup and you thought that tiny grains of pepper were food, that's what animals see, their food.
  • If we do this globally we need to end this globally. We can help by not littering so you can help animals by giving them a healthy environment. Then we can be equal with the animals and we have our fresh pipe water to drink.
Explore Our Articles and Examples

Try Our Other Websites!

Photos for Class   •   Quick Rubric   •   abcBABYart   •   Storyboard That's TpT Store