ME storyboard: Tension in the 1950s pt. 1
1. European partitioning of the Turkish Empire states
2.Reasons for the creation of Israel
3. Describe how land and religion are reasons for continuing conflicts in the ME
4. Explain the US presence and interest w/ these 3 conflicts:
a. Persian Gulf War
b. Invasion of Afghanistan
c. Invasion of Iraq
Western Occupation in the Middle East
Rebellion of Arabians
Arabian Tension after World War II
Many Western countries came to split up the rest of the Ottoman Empire to guard, or use. Many Arabs didn't like that. So they decided to do something about it.
The Creation of Israel
The Arabians didn't like living under Western rule, so some of them rebelled. They were quickly snuffed out. No more resistance. It was like that until the UN formed after WWII.
Persian Gulf War Operation: Desert Storm
After World War two, the Arab countries really didn't like the fact that the Palestinians were being pushed out of their land to make room for Israel.
The Invasion of Afghanistan
The European Israelites were being given their own country from the UN because they suffered a lot.
The Persian Gulf War was the result of Iraq invading Kuwait. The UN forces were there to stop them.
The War on Terrorism was an effort to get Al-Qaeda back for 9/11. The Afghan government called the Taliban were apparently hiding Al-Qaeda
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art