- He stayed up at night trying to get a photo of the bugs - "Even then Daddy wouldn't move. He would make Ms. Murray apologize, admit her mistake..."
- His daughter expected him to get into an argument with his wife; but he embraced her instead -“She opened her arms and he went to her”
Anna, come to bed. It's after one in the morning.
- He got angry at Ms. Murray to the point where he called her a “stupid bitch” - “The stupid bitch implies that all the time I talk to her that we’re dirty”
That's enough Anna!
- He ripped off parts of the floor and wall to prove the existence of the bugs -"...He vowed to prove the existence of the bugs"
- He shows concern when he felt that it was getting late and she should go rest -“Anna, come to bed. It's after one in the morning.”
Go to bed, I'm busy
- Him and his wife would get into arguments every night over the bugs - “There were arguments every night with Mom shouting, crying, pleading and Daddy murmuring or saying loudly, “That’s enough, Anna.””