This storyboard does not have a description.
This should be our land
In the Israeli- Palestinian conflict, there was tension on who would have the Holy Land. The Jews and Arabs both valued the land as holy, as Jewish religion had The Western Wall, which was their most important site. The Arabs had their third most important site, the Dome of the Rock.
The committee decided us Jews get 55% of land and the Arabs get 45%
No this should be our land!
Violence corrupted Palestine in 1929, which was located over the Western Wall and left hundreds dead. In 1936, 3 more revolts erupt from the Arabs attacking British and Jewish locations.
In 1937, the Peel Commission was created to divide the land into 2 states. In 1945 the Arab League was founded to rally against the Axis Powers, but pressed preventing Jewish rule in Palestine.
After the Civil War in 1947, Israel declares independence. The UN Plan proposed 55% of the land go to the Jews, and the other 45% goes to the Arabs. Unsurprisingly, the Arabs reject the proposal because of the unequal percentage and there wasn't an Arab on the committee.
Thats not fair! The comitee is made up of all Jews!
In May of 1948, Israel is attacked by several Arab nations, in which over 1 million people fled from both religions. Israel takes most of Palestine and the western area of Jerusalem, including religious sites.
There were very different perspectives from both sides of the story after 1948. On the Israeli side, they had a state, and they had sanction from Jewish discrimination. On the Arabs side, it was seen as a " catastrophe, as well as they had no input towards events. This conflict is still going on today because people do not want peace. They long for it, but do not want to come to terms with a solution.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art