Questions About Remote Learning? Click Here

Africa
Updated: 3/25/2020
Africa
This storyboard was created with StoryboardThat.com

Storyboard Text

  • The Rwandan Genocide took place in 1994, and it was when the Hutus were mass slaughtering the Tutsis because of Belgian intervention.
  • Water scarcity is a horrible problem throughout Africa. Most families don't have running water, and don't live near places with clean water. Some women travel miles to get small amounts of nasty dirt water.
  • There are 16,306 endangered species in the world. Africa makes up a lot of this number. From elephants, to monkeys, to rhinos, the poaching problem in Africa is wiping out so many unique species.
  • It was caused because these very socially different tribes were stuck into one border, a Belgian colony border. The genocide lasted three months and about 1,000,000 people were killed.
  • While Northern Africa has 92% of people drinking/having access to clean water, only 60% of people in sub-saharan Africa have clean water, leaving 40% without. This is a huge problem, water is crucial to live (obviously), and without, whole civilizations could collapse.
  • Poaching and habitat loss are the biggest factor towards endangerment. They are hunted for horns, skin, hair, food, so much. This is one of so many problems in Africa.
Over 13 Million Storyboards Created
Storyboard That Family