This storyboard does not have a description.
Causes of the Civil War
1. Popular Sovereignty allowed for the territories to determine if they were a free or slave state.
2. The Fugitive Slave Laws prevented fleeing slaves from testifying on their own behalf and it denied them from a jury trial.
3. The Kansas–Nebraska Act split Nebraska into Kansas and Nebraska. Kansas would presumably be a slave state while Nebraska would be a free state.
4. Uncle Tom's Cabin, written by Harriet Beecher Stowe, was a book written to show the North how awful slavery was.
5. Abraham Lincoln, a Republican, was elected in 1860. This caused an uproar in the South. South Carolina would seceded four days after the election.
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art