Ashoka the Great!!
By evanlin, Updated
This storyboard does not have a description.
During His Reign (Part 1)
During His Reign (Part 2)
1. Ahoka was born in 304 B.C. as Devanampriya Priyadarshi Samrat. His mother is named Shubhadrangi. 2. Ashoka was excellent at fighting and hunting, obviously from his ability to kill a lion with a wooden rod.
Greatest Achievements (Part 1 )
1. Ashoka was constantly at war during his reign. The deadly war at Kalinga left 100,000 soldiers and cililians dead and more than 150,000 deported. 2. All the deaths in the war sickened Ashoka so much that he vowed to never fight again and started practicing non-violence.
Greatest Achievements (Part2)
After the war, Ashoka understood the value of peace. He started stop by Buddhist monasteries and became a follower of Buddhism.
Moral of the Lesson
We believe that Ashoka built 84,000 stupas to store relics or pray.
The Ashokstambha are pillars that measures 40 to 50 feet long and constructed in the borders of the Mauryan Empire, reaching as far as Nepal, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. Today, only 10 of the pillars stays intact.
This matters because Ashoka spread the religion Buddhism all over the world (or eastern and south-eastern Asia.)
Explore Our Articles and Examples
Try Our Other Websites!
Photos for Class
– Search for School-Safe, Creative Commons Photos (It Even Cites for You!
– Easily Make and Share Great-Looking Rubrics
– Create Custom Nursery Art