2) So a few companies rule over specific products that serve the same purpose?
1) An Oligopoly is a market structure with a small number of firms, none of which can keep the others from having significant influence. Usually containing 2 or more firms.
2) Then how could there be partnerships in an oligopoly?
2) So it's like American Airlines and United Airlines, they are the big dogs in the flight industry but there are smaller airlines that provide special commodities.
1) Well son, since there is a limited amount of companies involved within these oligopolies, the competition is limited, allowing every firm to be successful. This is what typically breeds the partnerships.